A Poem for a Friend in the Quotation Mark

Now yesterday we were together
You talking, I resting
“where’s my writer?’
got up smiling
grabbed a marker
“back to work is now
your writer.”

Do you miss
Our three evenings and nights?
I am not with you this time
and it doesn't feel right.

I do miss
The night sky, those green signs,
The traffic lights and
Most Definitely,
Me in the car You drive.

I miss eating with you
I miss the moments
We belong to.
More than any of these
I miss you being you.

I keep forgetting
yesterday
Over
were
our
three evenings.

I keep forgetting
There is nowhere
No more
Together
We are going.

I keep forgetting
This Sunday
You are leaving.

O I remember
The time we were arguing..
About silly stuff again and over
It always ended with us smiling

Now I remember
Soon, this is going to be over…

Yet I feel
Something I lack.
Yet I feel
I don’t want you to go back
I want you to stay
At least this one more day

Tonight I see those lights
Here in the city
But they do not mean anything
Like those we saw three days
in the country.

You slowed down and
let me take photos of those lights
Green, red, yellow, beautiful
and blurry
On each hot cool ride,
We talked about many things
Your music, my music
Joyfully along we were singing.
Some Thai parts you did not
Understand
To you I kept translating
And we ended up laughing.

Enough, enough
Of all this.
Reminiscing does not always bring
The bliss.
It blocks us from seeing
What reality really is.

Reality is that you and I
Are 'friends'
But there’s always this thing
I never can comprehend.

I guess I think too much.
I guess I should stop
Writing
Then.

No comments:

Post a Comment