My Saddest Song


Why am I afraid to see the ones I used to be comfortable being around?
Why don't I feel like standing on that same safe firm ground?
Maybe that place isn't safe now.

Why is a 'sociable' person like me
left alone on this Friday night?
Why nothing at all today feels right?
Maybe they tried too less
Maybe I needed the spotlight.

The point of all this is me
Thinking too much into things
Expecting too much
Of what they can bring
Horrified when that
awkwardness stings.

Today, I left school to paint a picture,
I always bring the colors,
I myself am the colors.
I just needed the brush,
Am I asking for too much?

And now the teachers turned away
Refused to hear what
happened that day
So I left,
nothing was I allowed
To say.
My self is twice crushed..
Still I need the brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment